Disclaimer: I don’t own DBZ!

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I DON’T WANT TO GO CAMPING!”

The packing suddenly stopped and everyone turned and looked at Vegeta.

 

“Why daddy?” Bra looked up at her father with tears beginning to well up in her eyes.

 

“Yeah dad, it’ll be fun!” Trunks added in.

 

“Don’t be such a stick in the mud Veggie,” Bulma said, “It’s going to be a good family outing.  We never do anything as a family.”

 

“Except train.” Trunks said under his breath, not realizing his father had heard him.

 

“THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH TRAINING!” Vegeta growled.

 

Bra looked up at her father, “Twaining is bowing daddy!  But when you go camping you can swim, woast mawshmallows, see animals, and all kinds of other stuff!”

 

“Vegeta there’s no arguing, you’re going camping with your family” Bulma informed him while helping Trunks load food into the cooler.

 

“NO I’M NOT!”

 

Bulma crossed her arms across her chest and glared at her mate for a moment before smiling at him.  “You can’t stay here Veggie.”

 

“And why not?”

 

“Because Mom & Dad have gone away for the weekend, so there’s no one here to cook for you.  You’ll starve!” Bulma said matter-of-factly.

 

“I can order out!”

 

Bulma smirked “I had your credit cards frozen until Monday!” Vegeta glared at his mate. “And before you even say it; I had mom take your piggy bank with her. You’ve got no way to pay for take out food.  You have to come with us!”

 

Trunks and Bra both held their breaths.  They knew their father was getting frustrated and that he might explode at any moment.

 

“I can go to Kakarot’s home for the weekend and eat there.”

 

Bulma burst into laughter at the mere thought of Chichi’s face if she were told Vegeta would be staying at their home and that she would have to cook for him.  “You’re not serious?”

 

Vegeta knew she was right, Chichi would never feed him.  After all he did try killing her husband and son (several times).  He sat down at the kitchen table as he realized he only had one option left, an option he hated having to resort to. 

 

He looked up at his mate standing on the other side of the table. “But I don’t want to go camping,” he wined. “Why can’t I stay home? I won’t have a good time. I’ll be miserable.  And besides I don’t like bugs, there’ll be bugs there, I know there’ll be bugs. Please don’t make me go!”

 

Bulma smiled as she realized where her daughter learned to sulk. She stood behind Vegeta’s chair, wrapped her arms around him and kissed him on the cheek.  “Don’t worry sweetheart, I won’t let the nasty bugs get you.” She then pulled her mate out of his chair and shoved him towards the kitchen door, “Now run along and get ready to go, we’re leaving in an hour.”

 

As he left the kitchen and headed back to his room, Vegeta cursed.  There was no way of getting out of it; He was going camping whether he liked it or not.

 

 

 

CHAPTER 3 NOT POSTED YET