Disclaimer: I don’t own Gundam Wing.  And I’ve never read “Flight Stability & Automatic Control” either.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

-------St. Michaels Academy-------

-----Mrs. Pobihushchy’s Class-----

--Thursday, February 13, AC196--

 

The final bell had rung, announcing that classes were about to begin.  All of the students took their seats as Mrs. Pobihushchy entered the classroom.

 

“Good morning class.”

 

“Good morning Mrs. Pobihushchy”

 

Every student in the room noticed that their teacher was carrying a bunch of envelopes along with her usual teaching books. Every student that is except for one: Heero Yuy never even looked up from his desk when the teacher entered the room; he was too busy reading a copy of “Flight Stability & Automatic Control” by Robert C. Nelson.

 

“I assume everyone had no problems with their homework assignments last night.” Mrs. Pobihushchy commented.  “Please bring your assignments to the front if you have not already. Then open your textbooks to….”

 

“Mrs. Pobihushchy! Are those our results from the compatibility surveys?” Relena interrupted.

 

“Miss Darlian! It’s bad manners to interrupt someone.” Mrs. Pobihushchy scolded, “Now because of your outburst I will not hand out the results until the end of class.  Class open your textbooks to chapter 13.”

 

The class groaned and a few even growled “Way to go Relena,” but they all did as they were told and not one student acted up for the duration of class, fearing their teacher may decide to keep the results until the end of the school day instead.

 

The teacher lead a discussion on what the students had read in chapter 13 for the first half of the class, and for the second half she gave them questions to answer regarding the chapter.  About 10 minutes before the bell was about to ring she asked for the class to stop what they were doing.  “Your homework assignment for tonight is to finish those questions and hand them into me at the beginning of class tomorrow.” She instructed. “Now I’m going to hand out the results of the surveys.  When I call out your name come up to get your envelope.  Angela.”

 

Angela got up from her desk and went to the front of the room to receive her envelope.

 

“Also class, for those of you who checked the Yes box for question 18: you’ll be receiving instructions for meeting your blind date tomorrow night, instead of your survey results.  I’ll have your result for you on Monday.  Mark”

 

“Scott.”

 

“Mary.”

 

“Fran”

 

“Relena.” 

 

Relena bounced up to the front of the room, took her envelope, returned to her desk and ripped it open.  “Meet your date at Ryes Deli & Pub at 7:30pm.  You’re to wear a pink bow in your hair.  Your date will be wearing a pale blue suit.”  She turned and looked at Heero, “Oh Heero! You can wear that suit you wore to the party last Christmas. It looked really good on you!”

 

Heero rolled his eyes and continued to work on his homework.

 

Mrs. Pobihushchy continued handing out the envelopes, “Dorothy.”

 

“Kelli.”

 

“George.”

 

“Jeffery.”

 

“Heero.”

 

Heero retrieved his envelope from Mrs. Pobihushchy and without opening it he stuffed it into his knapsack.  “Heero!  You’re not you going to open your envelope and see that I was right about us being matched up?”  He went back to his homework, refusing to acknowledge Relena’s question. 

 

“Heero???” When he still didn’t answer she reached towards his knapsack, “Well if you’re not going to open it, then I will.”

 

She was suddenly stopped by the infamous death glare.  “Don’t touch it!”

 

“But you’ve got to open it!” Relena whined.

 

Heero turned back to his work without answering her.

 

BRRRRRING

 

“Ok! Class dismissed!” Mrs. Pobihushchy announced. “Don’t forget I want that homework on my desk tomorrow morning!”

 

         -----4:15pm-----

-----Heero’s Dorm Room-----

 

“Oh god, what a day!  Valentines this, Blind date that!  I’ll be glad when this stupid holiday is over!” 

 

Heero dropped his knapsack on his desk chair and turned on his laptop.  Walking over to his personal fridge, he grabbed a bottle of water and downed the contents.  After tossing the empty bottle into his recycling bin, Heero sat down at his desk, logged into his laptop and immediately check for new mail.  Outlook beeped indicating that he had a new message in the inbox. 

 

“Wufei?  What does he want?”  Heero double click the message and began to read:

 

Yuy,

 

I need a favour from you!

 

I have to go out tomorrow night and wanted to know if I could borrow your pale blue suit. The one you wore to last years Christmas party.

 

If you don’t mind I’ll come over this evening and pick it up.

 

Arigatou,

Wufei

WChang a stpatricksacademy .com

 

Heero’s eyes went wide as he realized what he was reading.  He then did what any other person in his situation would have done: he fell off his chair laughing hysterically.

 

After collecting himself, Heero pulled himself up off the floor, sat back down at his laptop and responded to Wufie’s email:

 

Wufei,

 

Sure no problem.  I’ll get it out for you.

 

Heero

HYuy a stmichaelsacademy .com

 

After turning off the computer Heero walked over to his closet, pulled out his pale blue suit and laid it on his bed.  “Poor Wufei…but, it’s better him than me.” Heero couldn’t help but snicker.

 

“Well wait a minute, if Wufei is stuck with Relena then who did they choose for me?”

 

He grabbed the envelope out of his knapsack and tore it open:

 

Heero Yuy

 

Meet your date at the Pump House Brewery at 7:30pm. 

 

You’re to wear a black trench coat. 

 

Your date will be wearing a red outfit.

 

“Huh?? It doesn’t say if my date is male or female.  How am I supposed to know who they are?” Heero wondered.

 

“Hn, guess I’ll find out tomorrow night.” He put the letter in his desk drawer and headed to the bathroom to take a shower before Wufei arrived.

CHAPTER 4