"Ok class," the teacher said standing up at the front of the room "Since Valentines Day is soon approaching, the student council here at St. Michaels has teamed up with the student council at St. Patrick’s to bring you a special promotion."

 

She picked up a stack of papers off of her desk and handed them to a redheaded girl at the front of the class.  "Heather is now handing out a compatibility survey.  You don't have to fill it out if you don't want to, however it wouldn't hurt anything if you decided to participate in an activity that's main goal is to be fun! Mr. Yuy."

 

The young man with messy brown hair whom she had been referring to looked up at her from the textbook he had been reading.  The woman suddenly felt a shiver run all the way from the back of her head to the bottoms of her feet as she became the recipient of the infamous, cobalt blue, Heero Yuy Death Glare.  After a few moments the young man made a sound that could best be described as "Hn!" as he lowered his head and returned to reading his book.

 

"Oh don't worry Mrs. Pobihushchy, Heero will fill his out!" Relena Darlian piped up from the seat next to Heero.  She latched onto the silent boys arm resting her head on his shoulder, and sighed.  "This is the perfect way for me to finally prove to you that we are meant to be!"

 

Mrs. Pobihushchy and Heero simply rolled their eyes while Heather finished handing out the surveys. 

 

Mrs. Pobihushchy, who had finally recovered from the Death Glare and the nausea brought on by Relena's display of affection for Heero, continued with her explanation.  "All of the surveys will be fed into a computer along with those of the students from St. Patrick’s.  The computer will then calculate who you are most compatible with and who you are not, according to what you've answered."  She paused as the students, including Heero, looked over their forms.  "Also, question #18 asks whether or not you would be interested in going on a blind date with one of your matches.  It's your choice you don't have to.  However if you do answer yes to that question you will not receive your print out until after your date, since what fun would a blind date be if you knew beforehand who you were going with?"

 

Heero looked at the sheet of paper in his hand wishing his Death Glare would work objects as well as people.  He didn't want to fill this stupid thing out, but if he didn't, no he didn't even want to think of the torture he'd endure from Relena, he'd rather face Oz, the Alliance, and White Fang again by himself, WITHOUT his gundam.

 

He picked up his mechanical pencil, clicked it a few times (wishing it was a self denotation trigger), and read the first question. Grade?  He neatly printed the numbers 1 and 0 then shaded in the corresponding bubbles. Next question: Height?  How tall was he?  He wasn't sure; it had never really mattered to him before.  He ran his fingers through his hair trying to guess how tall he thought he was.

 

Mrs. Pobihushchy, surprised to see her star student with a look of confusion on his face walked over to see if she could help him.  She smiled when she saw which question on the survey he was having problems with.  "I'd say about 5'5"."  Heero nodded, which was the closest she'd get to a thank you from him, and filled in the appropriate bubble.

 

He continued answering the rest of the questions with very little effort: Hair color, eye color, favorite subject, least favorite subject, favorite color, favorite past time, ideal date, favorite food, etc.  Then he came to question #17: Sexual preference: Male, Female, Both. 

 

Heero blinked and read this question over again.  'My sexual preference, hmmm,' he glanced over at Relena who was happily filling out each question with ease.  'Too bad they don't have an option of Anything BUT Relena Darlian,' He thought to himself.

 

'Now be serious here Yuy, you've been given an assignment and you can't allow your personal feelings to interfere with you completing it.  However, this assignment is specifically designed to identify your personal feelings, hmmmm.  What is your sexual preference?  You find Relena physically attractive, but annoying as hell!  There have been other girls and women that you think are attractive as well; so that means your preference is female! Right!'  Heero went to fill in the second bubble but stopped suddenly as he thought about something else.

 

'But what about those times that you've spent thinking about Duo?  He's male, but he has the same affect if not a stronger affect than those women.  Is it because he has feminine features?' He ran his fingers through his hair again as he thought this through more carefully, 'No!  That's not why, Duo doesn't have that many feminine features, it's just really his hair.  But what is it that affects me?  Those eyes!  Yes, those eyes are one of the main reasons. Those beautiful violet eyes, and how they dance when he's happy, but burn like a set of violet flames when he's angry.  They're so intriguing!'  A quick smile played across heero's face, but he only allowed it there for a split second before the expressionless mask returned.

 

'Those eyes aren't the only thing I love about Duo.  Did I just say love?  I never considered associating love with Duo, then again I've never considered associating anything with love, there has been no reason before.  But is there a reason now?  There's no need to debate this now, there will be time later, I must complete this assignment.'

 

'OK, if I find women attractive but I also find Duo attractive, I suppose that makes me Bisexual.'  Heero concluded as he filled in the third option.

 

Question #18: WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE SETUP ON A BLIND DATE WITH ONE OF YOUR MATCHES?  He read this question over but then stopped as he sensed another set of eyes looking over his paper.  He quickly turned the page over on his desk and turned and glared at Relena Darlian who was looking at him innocently.  "I just wanted to make sure you answered yes to question 18."

 

"It's my choice whether I answer yes or no to that question." Heero replied through clenched teeth.

 

"But it'll be so romantic Heero when we're setup on a blind date with one another." She countered, not knowing, or perhaps not caring, that the sound of her voice was making the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end.

 

Realizing that if he answered No to the question he would have to listen to her whine He quickly conceded "Fine! I'll answer yes, if it'll make you stop reading my survey."

 

"Ok!" She agreed, as her head bounced from side to side like the ditz she was.

 

Mrs. Pobihushchy waited a few more minutes and then announced to the class “Once you’ve completed your survey you may bring it up, place it on my desk, and then begin reading chapter 11 in your textbooks.”

 

Heero, and a number of other students, immediately brought their papers to the front of the room.  As he sat back down at his desk and opened his book he silently prayed to any God that was listening: ‘Please don’t match me up with her! PLEASE!’

CHAPTER 2